I believe in miracles.
I try to change the world every day.
I love my husband, my friends, and my family.
I plan my next great adventure constantly.
I think most occasions call for a dress.
I write what I know and believe.
1. Remember that day when I thought it was a GREAT idea to knock out my Junior League hours by signing up to help teach photography to 8-12 year olds at the DMA? Yeah, turns out it’s WAY harder than it sounds. Luckily, as of today, I’ll be a quarter of the way through my JLD hour requirement.
2. Despite the rain, we (Shutterbugs) managed to escape to Klyde Warren Park most days… it was my first time enjoying the park… but sadly, I never remembered my ice cream/sno conw money for the food trucks. My kids though… they NEVER forgot theirs. Some day when it’s cooler and I don’t have my Shutterbugs… I’ll go and try it all out. BECAUSE IT LOOKS AMAZING. YAY Dallas for our urban green space!
3. On my REALLY bad day this week, I had to overwhelming urge to go visit Joan Miro’s Moonbird at the Nasher Sculpture Center. I couldn’t do it that day (it rained), but you better believe that Moonbird and I bonded on Wednesday. My Hubs and I are also now *officially* members of the Nasher…. SOIREALLYCANGOVISITMOONBIRDWHENEVERIWANT (and so I can get free parking because I spent A LOT of money on parking this week… annoying).
4. Speaking of the Nasher, can we just talk about how stupid “museum tower” RUINED my favorite exhibit? Tending (blue) by James Turrell was my HAPPIEST PLACE. And that stupid tower destroyed it. I hereby request that everyone boycott that stupid tower in protest… because the Turrell was one of my favorite spaces to go find some perspective. The sign on the Turrell almost made me cry I was so mad. I refuse to even look at that stupid tower. HRMPH.
5. You know it wouldn’t be real life if I didn’t plug my amazing principal meetings this week. We are on track to continue our awesomeness next year. I’m not worried about P-Day yet… though it’s coming soon. Next week, I’ll worry about that. For now, it’s time to put together our Shutterbug exhibits for parent day!!