I don’t know if it’s because I slept through New Year’s Eve or what but all I want to do is think about my 2017 travel plans. I’m feeling ALL the wanderlust this month. I really wanted to try and get away for the long weekend, but I couldn’t find any good deals that I wanted to pull the trigger on. I will be traveling a lot for work next month, so I guess I should enjoy being home for now.
2017 Travel Plans – Definite
- Albion, Michigan (twice) – Next month, I’ll be taking some of our scholars to visit Albion College and compete for scholarships. We stopped by there last fall when we were in Detroit for NCAN, but it’s going to be completely different to be there in winter! Thank goodness for my Peuterey coat that I scored on super sale last year.
- Bloomington, Indiana – I’m going to be a guest of IU admissions at the end of February. I’m hoping that I’ll get to see a couple of my favorite kiddos, but this is going to be a quick trip, and again… thank goodness I have a real coat.
- Hilton Head, South Carolina – One of my good friends is getting married in Hilton Head in April and I’m a bridesmaid! Not only am I super excited to celebrate her marriage, but I’m also super excited to visit a part of the country I haven’t seen!
- Europe 2017. This should really go into the pending category since I haven’t nailed down the details, but we will definitely be making our (now) annual European adventure… Like last year, we’re planning on visiting some new places and returning to some favorites.
2017 Travel Plans – Pending
- San Antonio, Texas – I have two conference proposals pending for TACAC this year. It’s a super conference between three area ACACs, so I’m not sure what to expect, but I think I’ll see a lot more people that I don’t normally see at TACAC. I’ve been to San Antonio a couple times, but I think it would be fun to go in the spring!
- Washington, DC – I have a conference proposal pending for the AP National conference in July. While July in DC sounds awfully steamy, I wouldn’t mind visiting! DC was the first place I traveled on my own when I was 15, and it was what convinced me that I wanted a career that benefited the public good. I was going to be a scrappy street lawyer and advocate for the homeless. I couldn’t believe how many homeless people were in DC. I remember being particularly ashamed of that when I was in high school.
- San Diego, California – NCAN is in sunny San Diego this year. I’m planning on putting in a proposal again this year since I enjoyed presenting there last year. I haven’t been to San Diego since college, so I would love to explore the gaslamp district and see some sunrises on the beach.
- Boston– I’m sorry, have we met? I go to Boston (Cambridge?) at least once a year… I’ve got two conference proposals in for NACAC, so I’m hopeful that I’ll have yet another excuse to spend some time there. I’m also planning on attending the same conference that I have attended for the past two summers as a participant…. still have ultimate #profgoals to get on staff one day.
2017 Travel Plans – The Blog
I’ve spent the last few weeks trying to figure out how I want to document our travels for the blog. I really love being able to share more pictures, so I’m going to continue posting my Saturday best travel photo series. It pushes me to work on getting my pictures edited and keep them from just living on my computer. I want to share them with others… because photos are definitely where I draw my travel inspiration from!
After thinking about how we travel last month, I think I’ve come up with how I want to share our favorite things. I know that how we travel isn’t for everyone, so I’m currently hammering out an introduction to it… so stay tuned for that. I’m hoping to share it on #WanderfulWednesday soon! In the mean time, tell me what your travel plans are for this year (and if you have any suggestions for me)!!