Friday-funday thanks to these lovely ladies!!
1. Yesterday was a good shopping day for me… Banana Republic is offering 40% off… and these lovely things were already on sale.. so I got three jackets for a little more than the cost of one!! Nordstrom had the dress on sale – and my mom wanted to buy it for my birthday… but I decided to hold out in hopes that it would go on sale… and it totally did! I’ll chalk these up as a win – thankyouverymuch!
2. So remember when I posted about having two Fellows? Turns out, we had three! One of them was holding out on me!! SO PROUD of my staff!!
3. One of my kids was accepted into a super-elite business program at USC! We’re talking… 45 kids in the entire WORLD get accepted… and only 15 kids from USC.. the other kids come from Hong Kong and Italian universities. Did I mention she’s also a finalist for a Presidential Scholarship?!
4. I find out today if I made the faculty for a Summer Institute. Cross your fingers for me!! It’s the first time I’ve EVER applied for anything like this… so I’m super nervous.
5. Last Friday, I did some photography for some old friends… and I can’t get over how adorable their little six month old is! If you missed my IG post earlier this week, I offer an adorable re-cap to start your Friday morning off with a smile… 😉
What are you celebrating this Friday?!
Celebrating the best day of the week!
1. Back from Vegas and barely enough time to unpack… tonight we’re off to Los Angeles to host a baby shower for my beautiful friend Elizabeth! Love, love, love this girl!! She and Mikey are going to the be the best boy parents! I mean, how fun are they?!
2. Valentine’s Day. The year of the dino! Seriously. They are EVERYWHERE. And my dear friends Sean and Morgan even sent dino Valentine’s… and how adorable is it that they still send all their friends these fun little Valentine cards in the mail!? LOVEEEEEEEE! I don’t know what the Hubs and I will be doing to celebrate since we’ll be on a plane, but I’m hoping it involves picking up a pizza and ice cream in our hotel room… because that seems like a good compromise, right?!
3. This summer. Harvard. Me. (Anddd not just to visit my kiddo either…) Stay tuned.
4. I’m sick. It’s a nasty cold. And I don’t like it. I’m drugging myself trying to get better before this weekend because we have all kinds of good things going on this weekend!
5. I bought some new pants from Banana Republic while we were in Vegas… and I’m totally obsessed with a million things in their store right now. This is why shopping is bad for me… especially when I venture outside my normal stores.
Linking up with Jess and Ashley to celebrate the little things and ignore the freezing cold weather outside this week… is it spring yet?! So without further adieu… here are the things that are
getting me through the winter blues…
How about you? What makes your world better today? Snow days? Snow-delays?
Tell me what I’m missing out on!
We’re off to Vegas but not before we celebrate Friday with these ladies!
1. We are off to Vegas at 12:00 to celebrate Erin’s dirty thirty! It involves all things amazing – Caesar’s Palace, Britney Spears, and whatever other debauchery Erin has planned for us. I’m just hoping that yesterday’s snow storm causes minimal delays… because I am ready for a BREAK!
2. Our wedding on the DMagazine Bridal Blog! I’m totally excited about that…!!
3. It snowed yesterday. And it was terrible. I had to drive to one of our schools for an unexpected meeting, nearly died on the freeway… and when we stopped by NorthPark to see if I could find any last minute steals for Vegas… EVERYTHING WAS CLOSED. #Dallasproblems #snowpocalyse
4. My teeth are still sore from last week’s dental adventure… and I go back for more work on them in another week. Any suggestions for pain management in the interim? I definitely feel for my friends who have babies going through teething more than ever now!!
5. Can we just talk about how I am ready for this week to be over? Seriously… it has been SO HARD. Over. It.