This week has been a BEAST. Monday started out good enough, but it went downhill from there. I felt like I couldn’t make any progress. I felt like everything was going wrong. I felt extremely behind. And I was just FRUSTRATED. I felt like I was battling inside my head ALL.WEEK. Butttttt… I made a commitment this month, so let’s skip to the good stuff.
- Last week, I shared my professional success in 2017, and that afternoon, I found out that both of my proposals to the AP National Conference were accepted. Washington, DC, here I come with all my favorite people! I’m going to change the narrative around college for low-income/underrepresented students if it kills me. (Speaking of that, here’s a picture of Jocelyn and I… right before presenting at the United Way Ignite for Change event this week. I’m the worst selfie taker ever, but I love this girl. She makes me laugh all the time. We got so lucky when we found her!)
- I got to go up to one of our schools this week and talk to a kid about my experience at University of Redlands. It was the highlight of my week. I also got to see my favorite teacher and another sweet kiddo who I’ve been corresponding with via twitter. That amazing kiddo was also admitted ED2 this week to Claremont McKenna. That was a good day.
- Glitter shoes have basically become my favorite things ever. They go with jeans. They go with dresses. They go with leggings. They allow me to run all over school without getting blisters. I can wear them almost anywhere without issue. They allow me to feel a little less scruffy. I’m a fan. I’m even more of a fan when they are on sale. I’ll keep you posted on that.
- I’m headed to Albion again on Sunday. I’m super excited for the adventures of taking another group of kiddos out of state for the first time. I don’t think there’s going to be any snow to dive face-first into this weekend, but I’m sure there will be more memories to make. I’ve got a specific request from my advisor to take pictures of the kiddos with Ace the mini pony.
- We got a new mattress last weekend! It was delivered two days early which caused a lot of stress, but I’m glad that it got done. We were thinking about getting a Sleep Number (super sale right now if you’re interested), but we both realized that we didn’t need to spend that kind of money yet. I’m still getting used to it, but I’m sleeping HARD. That, my friends, is a blessing right now.
What’s up with you this week?!