Since we all know social media is curated, I don’t think I need to repeat any disclaimer about that. If you look at my instagram, you might think I’m permanently on vacation (or living in Italy) and that I always wear dresses. I thought it might be fun to do a post on a few things that might surprise you about me as a way to get to know me outside of my traveling persona.
Things that Might Surprise You about Me
- If I’m eating a meal that takes more than 5 minutes to prepare (or eat), I use my wedding china. Because… honestly, why not? It’s dishwasher safe, it’s gorgeous, and it makes me feel like I’m… wait for it… eating a real meal.
- My husband and I rarely go out to dinner. We might go out to eat maybe once every two months.
- I really love a good deal. Yes, I have expensive taste in clothes, housewares and vacations. (Clothes because they last… vacations because I work too damn hard not to enjoy them.) Getting a good deal is paramount. Usually I’ll think that I can get an even better deal and I’ll lose out. Womp, womp, womp.
- I have the best of intentions in getting my life organized, but I can’t ever seem to get there. I’ll get 90% of the way there, something happens, and I allow it to derail all the work I put into getting organized.
- I drink water 98% of the time. If I’m having a bad day or need a pick me up at work, I’ll drink a Dr. Pepper. If we go out to a restaurant, I’m ordering a Shirley Temple. (Because I’m 5?) If we’re in Italy, I’m drinking more water than wine, but I’ll splurge occasionally.
- I think the people I work with are amazing humans. Seriously – I can’t believe that I get to work with such dedicated individuals who want to change the world. Even when they move on, I am beyond thankful for the work that they did while they were with us.
- I don’t mind a curated social media feed. I find the day-to-day real world pretty depressing these days. If people want to post what makes them happy, I’m all for it. You do you. I love pretty pictures, and I don’t feel bad about it.