It’s the day before Thanksgiving and you need an easy cranberry sauce recipe, am I right? (Even if I’m not, this is still the best recipe EVER.) Once you get over your initial confusion that I posted twice in one week (and they were both recipes), I’m happy to share this little bit of Thanksgiving goodness with you.
Seriously though, I used to be so dubious about homemade cranberry sauce (and if I’m being TOTALLY honest, any cranberry sauce with chunks). I liked the Ocean Spray jellied stuff (go figure) and that was it. I’m not a Thanksgiving food person AT ALL, so I’ve spent many a holiday existing on cranberry sauce. It’s a little awkward actually. I always put it near myself on the table and refuse to pass it around. (You would too if that was the only thing you ate.) This recipe made me a believer. It’s delicious. You can eat it by itself, put it on ice cream, or put it on anything else that needs a sweet-and-sour kick.
If you’re still dubious and thinking you need to buy a can of cranberry sauce, here’s three reasons you need this easy cranberry sauce recipe in your life:
- Three ingredients. That’s it.
- It can be made in advance. Who doesn’t love a holiday recipe that can be prepped in advance? (My slice and bake cookie recipe is good for that, too.)
- It’s delicious. Seriously. Trust the girl who ONLY eats cranberry sauce from the Thanksgiving menu.
Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of orange juice
- Dissolve sugar in orange juice over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cranberries, cook until cranberries start to pop (approximately 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let sauce thicken.
- Serve or store in airtight container until ready
Yum!! Nothing like a good, sweet cranberry sauce to top off your Thanksgiving meal!
You are my Thanksgiving twin! I, too, always ate more Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce than anything else, as it was really the only part of the Thanksgiving meal I liked. My dad would get exasperated with me about eating so much cranberry sauce and would tell me that it was a condiment, not a side dish. Of course at 6 years old that meant absolutely nothing to me! Thanks for your cranberry sauce recipe; I will definitely use it next year. Happy Thanksgiving!
I don’t even celebrate Thanksgiving and I might make this anyway! It looks easy enough that even I couldn’t mess it up. I’m sure there are other things you could eat this with other than turkey… right?!