Like everyone, I miss traveling. I miss the anticipation of going somewhere, of hanging out in the airline lounge and waiting for departure, and ultimately everything about exploring a new destination. Like everyone, 2020 has challenges me to recreate my favorite travel experiences at home. Challenge accepted. Nailing this winter chill cocktail has brought a little bit of holiday cocktail cheer, too.
I was introduced to the Winter Chill cocktail in the Admirals Club of the Philadelphia airport. We were on our way to Paris for the holidays, and this was a delightfully festive way to kick off our trip.
My goal for the holiday season was to perfect this recipe so we could enjoy it while we wait to be able to travel. Though not quite as festive as the American Airlines cocktail with rosemary and cranberry, it does pair beautifully with my Waterford Snowflake Wishes highball glasses.
Winter Chill Cocktail
- 2 ounces of Tito’s Vodka or use your favorite flavorless vodka
- 3 ounces of Ocean Spray White Cranberry Juice
- 1 ounce of St. Germain liqueur
- 1/2 ounce of Lime Juice
- Splash of Simple Syrup
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add vodka, white cranberry juice, St. Germain, lime juice, and a quick squeeze of Simple Syrup
- Shake well and pour into highball glass. Serve over ice.
- Garnish with cranberry and rosemary spring for extra holiday cheer!
And there you have it – the perfect winter chill cocktail – perfect for holiday celebrations at home and abroad! The best part about this cocktail is that it’s perfect for all the winter months – not just Christmastime! (It can be hard to find cranberries though.)
My friend Christina and I both agree that cocktails taste better in airports. Do you agree? Do you have a favorite pre-departure beverage? Anything else I should try to re-create at home? Leave it below!