When we went to Venice for our anniversary earlier this year, our hotel included the most delicious breakfast buffet. One of the sweet treats I tried was an almond torte. I won’t lie; I was hooked immediately. When we went back to Venice for Christmas in 2018, I was so disappointed that I didn’t find the almond torte. I decided to try and find an almond torte recipe for Thanksgiving. Using Leigh Anne’s recipe as a base, I adapted it to work for me by cutting down on the sugar and the almonds. (I recommend toasting the almonds for an additional crunch.)
Everyone, including those who don’t typically enjoy sweets, enjoyed my almond torte recipe. It is really easy to make and it presents beautifully. The best part about this recipe, however, is the fact that it can be made in advance. Since we’re hosting Christmas this year, I’m thinking about making it for Christmas morning. Maybe Christmas Eve? Only time will tell!
Make sure to check out this post if you’re looking for more Italian desserts to try!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for tours and products I love at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Almond Torte Recipe
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of Almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of almonds, raw or toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9″ springform pan.
- Beat butter until creamy. (If you don’t have time to wait for it to soften, you can cut it into chunks to ensure that it mixes thoroughly.)
- Add sugar to butter and mix thoroughly and until there are no lumps.
- Add eggs and almond extract. Beat until combined.
- Add flour to mixture and beat until combined.
- Spread batter into springform pan, smoothing as much as possible. Sprinkle almonds on top of batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Check center with toothpick to ensure that it comes out clean and is no longer sticky. Cover with foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Let torte set until pan is cool to touch. Loosen sides with a knife and remove sides of springform pan.
- Allow torte to completely set and cool before serving.